Being a Firefighter Control is an extremely popular and rewarding career. There are so many great things we can say about working for Avon Fire & Rescue Service, but here are some of the best parts:
- The satisfaction of knowing that every day you come to work you are genuinely making a difference to people’s lives.
- A starting salary of £22,198 as a trainee, rising to £23,122 after you have completed your initial training and then increasing to £29,587 once you are fully qualified (usually after about two years).
- The opportunity to learn, progress and be promoted in your career. There is a clear career pathway for Control with a wide range of opportunities,
- A job with huge variety – one minute you might be dealing with a panicked parent around their child, to mobilising 10 trucks to one major incident.
- The chance to test yourself and reach the potential you never knew you had.
- Access to benefits including a local government pension scheme, station gyms and discounts at many high street shops and services.
- Generous annual leave entitlement starting at 25 days, plus an additional eight bank holiday days per year.
This opportunity really doesn't come around too often so please don't miss your chance to do something extraordinary.