Competent Control Firefighter - Transferees
Competent Firefighter Control (Transferees)
Location: Lansdown, Bath BA1 9DA
Hours: 42 hours per week (shifts of 2 days & 2 nights then 4 days/nights off)
Salary: £30,179 (competent Firefighter Control rate)
Closing Date: Ongoing open campaign
We have a number of vacancies for competent Firefighter Control to increase resilience within our busy Control Room. You will work closely with colleagues, other Fire & Rescue Services and other agencies. All roles operate on a standard 2-2-4 rotating shift basis with day, night and weekend working. Training in Avon Fire & Rescue Service specific systems and processes will be provided.
This role is for transferees only. We are looking for a candidate that has gained a significant amount of experience working as a Firefighter control within a Fire and Rescue Service.
The following skills and attributes are essential:
- Current experience as a Control Operator within a Fire and Rescue Service.
- Previous Control Firefighter experience (previous employment as a Control Firefighter in a Fire and Rescue Service must not be more than 24 months ago)
- Quick and accurate data entry skills
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Effective communications skills, including verbal, written and listening skills.
- The ability to make effective decisions.
- A positive, flexible approach to work.
- The ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- The ability to work in a disciplined environment.
- Able to deal appropriately and effectively with people from all sections of the communities we serve.
- The ability to speak a second language would be an advantage
How to apply:
If you wish to express your interest submit a CV and covering letter detailing your current role and level of experience.
Completed applications must be received by Human Resources, Avon Fire & Rescue Service Headquarters, Valley Road, Portishead, Bristol, BS20 8JJ.
Alternatively, you can email your application to email@example.com.