Integrated Risk Management Planning Co-ordinator
Based at: Service Headquarters, Portishead
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: Hay 8 (£26,446 - £29,174) per annum
Closing date: Noon on Tuesday 5th July 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join Avon Fire & Rescue Service as an Integrated Risk Management Planning (IRMP) Co-ordinator. We’re looking for someone to support the Integrated Risk Management Planning (IRMP) Team, with the production of the service plan and associated documents, reports and business cases.
The successful post holder will manage records for service plan actions: monitor and report on progress against the action plan for managerial reports and audit purposes.
The Integrated Risk Management Planning (IRMP) Co-ordinator will gather information from existing sources of information and assist with finding new sources: conduct analysis to identify current and emerging risks, potential performance or efficiency gains.
You will also work with the IRMP Team Leader and Corporate Communications to co-ordinate internal and external consultation on strategic documents with all relevant stakeholders to include: elected members at fire authority and other levels, local businesses, members of staff and the public and provide equality impact assessments.
In order to be considered for this role, it is essential that you possess a Level 4 qualification (e.g. NVQ 4 Higher Apprenticeship etc) in a relevant subject area, or have equivalent level of theoretical knowledge. You must also have project management knowledge. It is important that you have experience of knowledge of emergency planning or emergency services risk management.
It is also vital that you are able to communicate effectively with people at all levels, both verbally and in writing, including preparing and producing reports and evaluations.
In return, we will offer you 25 days annual holiday (plus public holidays), enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme, and access to our Cycle to Work scheme. Based at our newly developed Headquarters in Portishead, surrounded by a nature trail and memorial garden (for those quiet moments), you will also have access to kitchen, restaurant and coffee bar facilities, multi-gym, sports hall, and free parking.
Please note - as this post is based at our new Headquarters which we share with Avon & Somerset Police, the successful applicant will be required to undergo a security clearance check.
To see the full duties of the role and candidate criteria required please see the job description provided.
How to apply:
The job description and application is available to download on our website https://www.yesyoucan.careers/. Once you have read the job description please complete the application form telling us how you meet the requirements of the role - tell us how your skills, qualifications and experience match those required for this role, and provide examples wherever you can. The information you give us will assist us in our shortlisting process.
Completed applications must be submitted to Human Resources, Avon Fire & Rescue Service, Police & Fire Headquarters, PO Box 37, Valley Road, Portishead, Bristol BS20 8JJ by the closing date and time. Alternatively, you can email your application to email@example.com. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please quote job reference number 1599 [JD number] on any communications. Thank you.
JOB TITLE: Integrated Risk Management Planning (IRMP) Co-ordinator
DIRECTORATE: Service Delivery Support (Risk
UNIT: Integrated Risk Management Planning
POST NO: 1599
GRADE: Hay 8
1. JOB PURPOSE
- To support the work of the Integrated Risk Management Planning (IRMP) Team, with the production of the service plan and associated documents, reports and business cases.
- Assist with the identification and assessment of the full range of foreseeable fire and rescue related risks Avon Fire & Rescue Service (AF&RS) area faces.
- Manage records for service plan and risk treatment actions; monitor and report on progress against the action plan for managerial reports and audit purposes.
- Assist with scenario planning and change impact analysis, utilising data retrieval/ manipulation, risk modelling and research to inform strategic planning.
- Provide support and work with other departments within AF&RS with the supply of risk modelling, data analysis, and guidance in the use of appropriate tools and approach to ensure accurate and consistent delivery of their projects.
- Produce and present information to inform internal and external stakeholders and support with internal and public consultations.
2. SUPERVISION AND WORK PLANNING
- You will report directly to the Station Manager of IRMP, who will set objectives and priorities under the overall aims of the IRMP Team.
- As a member of the IRMP Team, you will work as part of a small team but will be expected to use initiative and drive to achieve your objectives, in support of the team to meet its expectations from the Service, project/s and end users.
- You will also be expected to work collaboratively with other colleagues, departments and services to carry out your functions, and support with their functions to aid continuous improvement across the service.
- MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the production of the service plan and associated documents, reports and business cases.
- Manage records for service plan actions; monitor and report on progress against the action plan for managerial reports and audit purposes.
- Identify and assess risks with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and, where action is required, assist in the formation of action and project plans; support, monitor and report on progress against plans for managerial reports and audit purposes.
- Gather information from existing sources of information, and assist with finding new sources; conduct analysis to identify current and emerging risks, potential performance or efficiency gains.
- Assist with scenario planning and change-impact analysis, utilising data retrieval/manipulation, risk modelling and research to inform strategic planning.
- Support the design, planning and running of workshops and training sessions to inform and promote feedback on strategic direction.
- Attend meetings and represent the IRMP team, reporting back to the IRMP Team Leader and members.
- Provide support and work with other departments and service managers in the supply of risk modelling, data analysis, production of reports and guidance in the use of appropriate tools and approach to ensure accurate and consistent delivery of their projects.
- Work with IRMP Team Leader and Corporate Communications to co-ordinate internal and external consultation on strategic documents with all relevant stakeholders to include: elected members at fire authority and other levels, local businesses, members of staff and the public and provide equality impact assessments.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other emergency services, responding agencies and enforcing authorities to promote collaborative working and shared understanding of risk information.
- Support a continual process of improvement and development within the function to meet emerging and future service needs, in accordance with the service’s strategic objectives.
- QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Possess a Level 4 qualification (eg NVQ 4, Higher Apprenticeship etc) in a relevant subject area, or have equivalent level of theoretical knowledge.
- Project management knowledge.
- Experience or knowledge of emergency planning or emergency services risk management.
- IT literate with experience of using Microsoft 365, Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Experience of research, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data to generate timely and accurate management information.
- Experience of using systems to retrieve large amounts of data, or aptitude to learn relevant skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, both verbally and in writing, including preparing producing reports and evaluations.
- Ability to impart information and instructions clearly and concisely in both group and one-to-one settings. Able to give presentations and facilitate workshop sessions.
- Able to plan, organise and prioritise own work to meet objectives. Able to think logically and clearly when dealing with competing priorities, and to remain calm.
- Motivated, self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Willing to work flexibly as part of a team to meet IRMP commitments.
- Willing to attend courses, both residential and non-residential, as directed, to maintain and enhance relevant skills, knowledge and competence.
- Possess a valid class B drivers licence, or able to travel between work locations.
- Experience of managing small projects.
- Experience in using geographic information system software.
- Experience in data retrieval from databases, with experience in SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services or PowerBi.
- SPECIAL NOTES OR CONDITIONS
- This post is based at Service Headquarters, but you may be required to attend or work from other locations within the Service area.
- You must be aware of Health and Safety Regulations in relation to duties and tasks being undertaken and must report any situations or incidents which could be considered hazardous. All employees have a responsibility for their own safety and must not endanger that of colleagues/visitors in the workplace or the public.
- You must ensure that, both in your dealings with other employees and with members of the public, you adhere to the principles and standards outlined in the Equality and Fairness Policy. You have a responsibility to inform your line Manager of literature, language or behaviour that offends against that policy and the dignity of personnel.
- You are required to adopt and apply the ‘Core Values in the Fire & Rescue Service’ to the way in which you carry out your duties and responsibilities.
- You may be required to wear clothing suitable to the type of work you are undertaking, which may include AF&RS branded, corporate clothing and protective clothing as deemed appropriate by your line manager.
For official use only:
Date approved: 11 January 2021
Effective Date: 11 January 2021
To be signed by postholder: