RECRUITING NOW FOR RESERVISTS
Facilities Manager - Building Services
Based at: Service Headquarters, Portishead
Contract: Fixed term appointment for 24 months
Hours: 37 hours per week (Monday - Friday)
Salary: Hay 7 (£30,095 - £32,798) per annum
Closing date: Noon on Thursday 6th October 2022
We have an exciting opportunity to join our Property Services team as a Facilities Manager. This role will require you to be the subject matter expert for Facilities Management within the team, with a focus on Building Services.
The successful candidate will also oversee the Property Services Helpdesk including line management of the helpdesk staff. You will lead on Mechanical and Electrical works and provide technical advice to the Property Services Team.
We are looking for someone who has proven Facilities/Building Services Management experience across a multi-site organisation. You must also have a thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant health and safety legislation alongside experience in monitoring and ensuring compliance with H&S legislation.
It is essential to this role that you possess an IOSH/Nebosh Certificate and a recognised relevant Facilities Management or Building services qualification. If you do not currently hold a IOSH/Nebosh qualification, AF&RS can offer to support you in gaining this whilst in post.
The successful candidate will have the proven ability to communicate confidently and effectively at all levels and to negotiate successfully. You must be computer literate and have strong organisational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure and as part of a team. It is also essential that you have previous experience of supervising others to complete tasks.
In return, we will offer you 25 days annual holiday (plus public holidays), enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme, and access to our Cycle to Work and Childcare Voucher schemes. Based at our newly developed Headquarters in Portishead, surrounded by a nature trail and memorial garden (for those quiet moments), you will also have access to kitchen, restaurant and coffee bar facilities, multi-gym, sports hall, and free parking.
Please note - as this post is based at our new Headquarters which we share with Avon & Somerset Police, the successful applicant will be required to undergo a security clearance check.
To see the full duties of the role and candidate criteria required please see the job description provided.
How to apply:
The job description and application is available to download on our website https://www.yesyoucan.careers/. Once you have read the job description please complete the application form telling us how you meet the requirements of the role - tell us how your skills, qualifications and experience match those required for this role, and provide examples wherever you can. The information you give us will assist us in our shortlisting process.
Completed applications must be submitted to Human Resources, Avon Fire & Rescue Service, Police & Fire Headquarters, PO Box 37, Valley Road, Portishead, Bristol BS20 8JJ by the closing date and time. Alternatively, you can email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please quote job reference number 5007 on any communications. Thank you.
JOB TITLE: Facilities Manager – Building Services
DIRECTORATE: Corporate Services Finance & Asset Management
UNIT: Property Services - Human Resources
POST NO: 5007
GRADE: Hay 7
1. JOB PURPOSE
- To be the subject matter expert for Facilities Management (FM) within the Property Services Team, with a focus on Building Services / MEP.(Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing)
- To be responsible for Building Services Planned and Reactive Maintenance Services and Contracts.
- To oversee the Property Services Helpdesk including line management of helpdesk staff.
- To be the lead in Health, Safety and Welfare Management for Property Services including, but not limited to, property and maintenance risk assessments, permits and authorisations), ,
- To lead on Mechanical & Electrical (M&E) works and provide technical advice to the Property Services Team.
- AF&RS serves the Unitary Authority areas of Bristol, Bath & North East Somerset, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire, with fire stations and office locations in each. Avon Fire Authority consists of members from the four authorities.
- In total, AF&RS has twenty three operational fire stations, serving an area of approximately 133,245 hectares with a population of just over one million. AF&RS employs over 1,100 employees, made up of Wholetime and Retained duty firefighters, Control and Support staff.
- Working within the Property Services Unit which alongside Corporate Performance and Assurance, Finance, Procurement, Admin Services, Corporate Communication, Human Resources and IT forms the Corporate Services Directorate. The Directorate provides specialist support to the Service to enable it to achieve its corporate objectives, targets and service requirements.
- The Property Services Unit is directly responsible for all matters relating to the management, repair, maintenance, alterations and improvement of all Service sites and buildings, sustainability, energy and environmental services and programmes.
- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be responsible for Facilities Management within the Property Services Team, overseeing our Property Services Helpdesk (liaising with the Facilities Management Officer where needed), and also regularly visiting our properties; working with contractors and colleagues to ensure:
- we maintain a safe and efficient working environment to facilitate our core function as an emergency service,
- that our buildings and services are well maintained and meet all relevant statutory compliance and testing requirements, and;
- effective maintenance contracts are in place are well managed and deliver value for money
As part of the Corporate Services Directorate you will report to the Head of Property Services, and be responsible for the following key aspects:
3.1 Planned and Reactive Maintenance
To be the department lead for Planned and Reactive Maintenance for Building Services ensuring that suitable contract arrangements are in place to deliver an effective planned and reactive maintenance service for AF&RS property and estates.
This will include the development of specifications for maintenance contracts, procurement and contract management.
3.2 Contract Management
You will manage Planned and Reactive Building Services Maintenance contracts to include:
Supervision of contractors on site, including compliance with Health and Safety and site visits to ensure completion of maintenance / works and to undertake quality audits.
Ensuring all maintenance services are delivered in line with contractual commitments.
Regular contract review and performance monitoring including reporting on contract performance measures.
Managing contract costs within the agreed budget allocation.
3.3 Building Services / Mechanical & Electrical (M&E)
You will be responsible for M&E projects, working with other members of the Property Services team to provide technical advice and input on projects. This will include supporting the Environmental Manager on Net Zero Carbon schemes, renewable energy generation and energy efficiency.
3.4 Property Services Helpdesk
You will manage and deliver the Property Services Helpdesk function, responding to reactive and urgent maintenance and repair requests; determining priorities to ensure compliance and safety are not compromised and that operational response can be maintained.
Allocating works to AFRS staff and contractors and ensuring that works are successfully completed to a high standard.
Establish Key Performance Indicators and produce regular reports to identify trends and patterns, and work with the Property Services team to continually improve property performance.
Identify and record requests for improvement projects, working with the Property Services Team to develop specifications, tender and procure project works.
To line manage and supervise property services administrative staff receiving requests through the property services help desk. This will also include the administration of all asset registers, databases and records for the Property Services Team including contractor/supplier information, planned maintenance, testing and inspection schedules, finance and procurement records, site information (drawings and other records) to ensure compliance with relevant legislation, standards, financial and procurement requirements.
3.5 Compliance / Health & Safety
You will take a lead on Health, Safety and Welfare Management for the Property Services Team including, but not limited to, property and maintenance risk assessments, permits and authorisations, asbestos management, legionella management and statutory services testing (including, but not limited to Gas and Electrical Safety, Safe Working at Height, Fall Arrest, Local Exhaust Ventilation, Fire Safety Systems) and ensure that works and maintenance are carried out in accordance with the relevant regulations, HSE Guidance and best practice.
You will liaise regularly with the Head of Property Services and the Health Safety and Welfare Team and identify improvements to reduce risk, review and where necessary develop and implement new processes and procedures to ensure continual improvement.
You are expected to identify and attend regular training and to develop and maintain a professional competence in these areas.
4.1 You will monitor relevant budgets against periodic targets, bringing potential variations to the attention of the Head of Property Services.
4.2 Provide cover for absent colleagues and work collaboratively to ensure continuity of service and to meet customer needs within set deadlines.
4.3 Ensure that the environmental impact of all planned and reactive works and contracts are considered in line with the Environmental Policy and Environmental Strategy.
4.4 Maintain knowledge of relevant Health and Safety Regulations in relation to duties and tasks being undertaken. Report any situations or incidents which could be considered hazardous. All employees have a responsibility for their own safety and must not endanger that of colleagues/visitors in the workplace or the public.
4.5 Ensure that, both in your dealings with other employees and with members of the public, you adhere to the principles and standards outlined in the Equality and Fairness Policy. You are responsible for making your supervisor aware of literature, language or behaviour that offends against that policy and the dignity of personnel.
4.6 Ensure that you perform all duties in accordance with the principles and requirements of General Data Protection Regulations.
4.7 Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required in relation to a post of this nature.
5. SUPERVISION AND WORK PLANNING
5.1 You will report to the Head of Property Services
5.2 You will be expected to work under your own initiative in order to achieve performance, quality standards and meet customer requirements.
5.3 You will line manage and supervise property services administrative staff who receive requests through the property services help desk.
6. QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- IOSH Managing Safely / Nebosh Certificate
- A Recognised relevant FM or Building Services qualification (e.g. HNC / HND, City & Guilds, Degree, BIFM / IWFM (Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management), ILM (Institute of Leadership & Management) – Facilities Management or equivalent.
- Proven Facilities Management, Building Services, Asset Management and /or Property / Estates Management experience across a multi-site organisation
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant health and safety legislation and the importance of a strong safety culture. Experience in monitoring and ensuring compliance with health & safety legislation.
- Proven ability to communicate confidently and effectively at all levels, and to negotiate successfully with contractors, suppliers, and potential partners / collaborators.
- Computer literate with the ability to input, extract, manipulate and present information and statistics using appropriate software packages
- Proven organisational skills with the ability to work well under pressure and work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise, work to deadlines and manage your own time/workloads effectively with supervision
- Experience of supervising others to complete tasks
- Experience of public sector procurement, contract management and evaluation
- Membership of an FM or Building Services Professional Body
- Management of Asbestos and or Legionella Qualification
- FM Team management experience
- Experience of using CAFM systems
7. SPECIAL NOTES OR CONDITIONS
7.1 The role is based at the Police and Fire Headquarters in Portishead and your duties may also involve travel to other sites and areas. Therefore you will need a current driving licence or ability to arrange suitable alternative transport.
7.2 Police and Fire Headquarters is a secure site and therefore appointment to this post is subject to passing the required vetting process.
7.3 Although based at a specific location, for efficiency we may require you to work from any base within AF&RS service area for which we will pay allowances where appropriate.
7.4 Your role may involve you dealing with highly confidential and sensitive information. It is essential that you ensure this information is held and processed securely and that you act with tact and discretion at all times and comply with the General Data Protection Requirement (GDPR). Confidentiality must be maintained, even after leaving this post or AF&RS’ employment.
7.5 You must ensure you maintain an awareness of Health and Safety Regulations relevant to the duties and tasks you carry out and report any situations or incidents which could be considered hazardous. You have a responsibility for your own safety and must not endanger that of colleagues/visitors in the workplace or the public.
7.6 AF&RS requires all staff and leaders to promote equality and diversity by:
- ensuring that, both in your dealings with other employees and with members of the public, you comply with all aspects of the Service’s Equality Policy and legislation that outlaws discrimination;
- treating members of the public and other AF&RS staff with respect, dignity and in line with the expectations determined by our Service values at all times; and
- taking action on witnessing an act that could be considered discrimination or harassment, challenging it and/or raising with managers.
7.7 There may be times (for example when representing the Service externally) that you are required to wear AF&RS branded clothing suitable to the type of work you are undertaking. This may include AF&RS branded, corporate clothing or protective clothing as deemed appropriate by your line manager.
Date approved: 10 August 2021
Date effective: 10 August 2021
To be signed by postholder: