Community Partnerships Advsior
Based at: Any Avon Fire & Rescue Service location
Contract: 12 Month Fixed Term Appointment
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: Hay 9 (£26,421 - £29,777) per annum
Closing date: 12pm Friday 1st December 2023
To develop home safety visit referral mechanisms through partnerships with agencies and groups who have contact with vulnerable people in the community.
To support these partnership arrangements through relationship management and the provision of guidance and training.
What you'll be doing
- Identifying vulnerable target groups who would be at considerable risk should an unwanted fire start in their home.
- Identify and develop partnerships with third party organisations (statutory and voluntary) who will have contact with these groups
- Provide partners with relevant training and resources to enable them to make referrals to AF&RS for home safety visits. Monitor the activity of all referring partners, and address any concerns or issues.
- Review and record referring partner arrangements (at least annually). Carryout quality assurance of referrals to ensure the correct level of home safety visit is provided.
- Maintain effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with internal teams to ensure the effective use of our resources and the best outcomes for vulnerable people.
- Provide community partnership set-up advice and assistance to internal teams to enable them to effectively engage with partners and deliver projects associated with vulnerable people
- Record, monitor and evaluate information and basic statistics relating to the work of this post, and prepare reports as required.
- Carry out role-related project work as required
What we'll need from you
- Experience of working with vulnerable people and/or associated community groups and agencies in a sensitive and supportive manner.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues and specialist equipment relating to vulnerable people.
- Knowledge and experience of creating and maintaining partnerships with relevant agencies and support groups.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels and to establish and maintain relationships
- Experience of conducting presentations and communicating specific information to groups.
- Knowledge of home safety and risk assessment (additional training will be available).
- Computer literate with a basic working knowledge of MS Word and Excel. Familiarity with PowerPoint would be an advantage
- Excellent time management and organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise, use initiative and work with minimal day to day supervision
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Highly motivated and committed to improving the safety of the most vulnerable people in the community
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (eg. Equality Act)
- Current full driving licence
- Knowledge of the aims and objectives of Avon Fire & Rescue Service and Community Safety (desirable)
What you can expect in return
- 25 days annual holiday (plus public holidays) and long service days after 5 and 10 years
- Local Government Pension – Defined Benefit Scheme
- Flexitime and hybrid working
- Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Welfare and Wellbeing services
- Staff Engagement Groups
- Access to Medical Intervention Scheme
- Access to Blue Light card with offers online and high street discounts
- Use of the multi-gym, sports hall, restaurant, free parking and beautiful open surroundings at our Headquarters in Portishead
With effect from July 2023 legislation was amended to enable all Fire & Rescue Services to undertake standard DBS checks for all employees. This role will require an Enhanced DBS. This will be renewed throughout employment.
To see the full duties of the role and candidate criteria required please see the job description provided.
How to apply:
Once you have read the job description please complete the application form telling us how your skills, qualifications and experience match those required for this role, and provide examples wherever you can. The information you give us will assist us in our shortlisting process.
The digital application form can be accessed here via the link below:
If you experience any issues with the application, please contact email@example.com
If you require a paper version of the application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Late applications will not be accepted.
Please quote job reference number 1522 [JD number] on any communications. Thank you.